Friday, July 30, 2010

Pictures finding Pictures: Photographic Soulmates



Pictures find homes in folders of favorites, and then find mates from unrelated assignments and far away places, and years can go by before certain pictures find their compatriots. I shot the top image on assignment for The Wall Street Journal back in January, and the bottom one during the last month of my internship at the Herald in Jasper, Indiana. There are certain feelings I'm always drawn to-- quiet moments and unspoken relationships you only see when you have a minute to just sit and watch and be with people. I feel like lately things have been moving so fast that I haven't had a minute to just sit back disappear, which is one of the great gifts of being a photographer. Appearing long enough and being sincere, so that people let you disappear.

No comments: