Sunday, September 5, 2010

While You Were Gone


I've started work on my very first photo column, called "While You Were Gone: Stories of Military Families with Loved Ones Deployed." I'm looking for the events-- mundane to monumental-- that military personnel miss. To see the first installment, of a family that meets their grandchild for the first time, before her father even meets her, check out the blog on the Pilot website. I'm following in the footsteps of Preston Gannaway and Ross Taylor (who toned the above image), and it's is worth looking through the archive to see what they did with the space. It's going to be a heartbreaker of a few months, but I'm already deeply in love with it.

3 comments:

Tully said...

Amazing Amanda! Great idea! Excited to see what comes next!

Jeronimo Nisa said...

If your photo column is going to be as great as this first picture, I don't want to miss it!

And your set about the deployment is amazing. Above all, great moments and emotions, but also great composition.

Cinza Azul said...

nice