Sunday, April 12, 2009

Future


On the subject of what the future of rural butchers might be, Allen Betz's nephew glances up at his during Easter supper at the home place (an Indiana phrase I've never heard anywhere else-- the place your family is from, originally.) Tying up loose ends, I want to really have a good edit of my family butcher story, because I feel strongly about it, and, as it turns out, I'm not great at narrative stories. Stories for layout, sometimes. But 8-10 pictures sequenced in a linear progression to tell a story? Haven't even gotten close yet. I'd like the Betz story to work both ways, and so I'm shooting a little more before I leave, in my free time.

1 comment:

Laura. said...

if i had another life, i would be a photojournalist. maybe another time in this life. but until that happens, i am so grateful that there are people in the world like you who see the world in this sort of way and share it with the rest of us.