Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Finding



I'm working on an edit for a slideshow for Veterans Day, and with the radio cranked up loud I'm furiously toning all the extras and forgotten frames for sequences that will find a home once the audio gets edited. It's a different kind of experience-- this is a story that I shot and wrote and am now doing multimedia for. I'm not sure if there's a role in that cast that I embody perfectly-- trying to report in the three different ways means that there are certain moments missed because you're interviewing, or certain conversations not listened to because you're shooting, and on and on. Someday I'll be able to share my Rural Health story from Dallas, one that I'm proud of because I got to separate those roles to different visits and as a consequence did much better reporting.

1 comment:

August Kryger said...

Great contrasting frames. They both play on each other and create an interesting dynamic that probably wouldn't otherwise be there.